Friday, January 21, 2011

Checkers

My exams are over! I had my english exam on wednesday and my french exam today, both are exams that you don't really have to study for, so I didn't get stressed out at all!  Just this year my school introduced this new thing where you are allowed to exempt one exam per semester (there are some restrictions though, obviously), I exempted my social studies exam so that I wouldn't have to study :) .  Now that exams are over I have a whole week of nothing, yay!

Anyway, here are some checkered nails, checkers are always fun and are pretty easy to do...


GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!??!?! I GOT A BLOG AWARD!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooo!

Thank you colorful bottle for giving it to me! MADE MY DAY :D
Now go check out her blog! (psssst! She has some giveaways going on!)

And of course there are rules for every reward:
1. Thank and link the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers to tell them about this award

7 things about me:

1. I want to learn as many languages a possible.  So far speak fluent French and English, conversational Spanish, and words of Norwegian, Cree and Inuktitut

2. I went on the subway (in Toronto) for the first time EVER last summer, AND TOTALLY FREAKED OUT.  Have you seen the security in those places? Of course you haven't, because there is none. I kept thinking someone was going to pull out a gun and shoot everyone...

3. Once it was -52`C (with the windchill) and my parents still made me walk to school...

4. I HATE big cities (anything over 100 000 people)

5. I don't like the smell of the sea

6. Last year I listened ONLY to Regina Spektor songs for 2 straight months.  She's still one of my favourite artists

7. I've never dyed my hair.

15 blogs that I think deserve this award:
Kawaii Nail Art
.little green heart.
Beauty by Kayla Shevonne
Bright Lights, Big Colour
Cahillik cok kotu bir seydir
Canadian Nail Fanatic
Cel's Deconails
Emerald Sparkled
My leetle nails
Simply Rins
Nail Talez & More
Purrrpolish
Starving Nail Addict
SWAAFIE
Zombie Claws
All of these bloggers do nail art at least every once in a while, that's why I chose them :D
Go look at their blogs now too!

9 comments:

  1. congratualtionbs for the award and the nails and the nail design is realy nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeep that's such a cute mani! Purple and pink is a combination I really really like.
    And thank you so much for the award, that's really sweet of you. I am going to post about it in a coming up post ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, okay thats really cold! But that's what you get for being in Northern Canada!!! Its even colder now (-5 but not -28!) and I like your checkerboard by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your multi language skills, but I hate your parents for making you walk in such a cold weather .
    Tnx for making a "commercial" for my giveaway =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elize, Nikki, Cel, and Stacie - you are all very welcome! Keep up the awesome blogging :)

    Cel - Thank you muchly! I look forward to your post!

    Tara - hehe I suppose that is pretty cold weather for down south, especially when you aren't used to it! and thank you :)

    colorfulbottle - You are welcome for the commercial :D and it really is just 2 languages, and then a bunch of random words and phrases thrown in from other languages, but thank you :)

    ReplyDelete